Proper Care and Cleaning of Your Gas Range
Why Range Cleaning and Maintenance Are Important
A new gas range that is sparkling clean and working well is a joy to cook on. You wipe away every crumb and spill immediately and keep it looking pristine. As the novelty wears off and life happens, you may not worry so much about a spill or two. Things begin to bake onto the surface and accumulated gunk and goo no longer bother you as much. But there are some simple ways to restore your beautiful oven and some good reasons why range cleaning and maintenance are important.
Five Tips for Cleaning Your Range Top
1. Make a mixture of half hot water and half white vinegar. Spray all surfaces, one area at a time and let it sit to soften the dirt.
2. Using a stiff toothbrush, scrub away all grease and buildup. You can scrape gently with a plastic knife if needed, then wipe clean.
3. Remove the burner caps and heads. Wash them in the vinegar mixture and clean the grooves with a pin or toothpick. Dry thoroughly.
4. Wipe everything down one last time and replace burner heads and caps and cooking grates.
5. Wipe things down after each use to maintain a fresh, clean appearance for your gas range.
Why Range Cleaning is Important
Besides looking great and being a more inviting cooking surface, a clean range top can keep the burner heads working properly. Food and spills can build up in the cutout grooves, blocking the flow of gas, creating hot spots or making it unsafe to operate. Burning food near the burner head could also produce an unpleasant smoke smell that can get into everything in your house. If this happens, be sure to get help from odor removal specialists in Timberlane Acres, TX, to clean your home of both the smell and the residue that causes it.
You won’t have to spend your time wishing for a new gas range when yours is sparkling clean and in good order. You can just enjoy what it was made for – giving enjoyment and nourishment to your family.